Help us mark the conclusion of Austen Mondays with a month-long raffle! Winners will be picked live during the show.
All proceeds go towards supporting future free programs like Austen Mondays.
The Jane Austen Package ($157 value)
Enter for a chance to win The Jane Austen Package, which includes autographed copies of Devoney Looser’s Sister Novelists: The Trailblazing Porter Sisters, Who Paved the Way for Austen and the Brontës and The Making of Jane Austen, a signed copy of Natalie Jenner’s The Jane Austen Society: a novel, along with a Rosenbach membership at the Abigail Adams level. Winner announced on March 6!
Reserved spot in the virtual Reading Austen’s Emma with Juliette Wells course ($200 value).
Virtual course: Mondays Apr 3 and 17, May 1 and 15 7:00-8:30 pm ET
What is to become of a talented woman in a society that believes that her abilities are best spent amusing herself, entertaining her family, and educating her children? Jane Austen took up this question most directly in Emma, which focuses on a heroine who is an “imaginist” and which also features a supporting character whose musical gifts greatly exceed what is expected of an accomplished woman. Austen, an inventive writer beginning in her teenage years, knew well what it was like to aspire to more than women were supposed to and to face hard choices about balancing creative work and family obligations. We will read and discuss Emma in relation to Austen’s life and career, her involvement in the publication of her novels, and the critical praise her works received during and after her lifetime. Winner announced on March 13!
Private tour with Edward G. Pettit of the Rosenbach’s Jane Austen collection for you and 9 guests, virtual or in person. ($350 value).
Join Austen Mondays host Edward G. Pettit on a private tour of the Rosenbach’s Jane Austen holdings. During the tour, you will view and handle priceless objects, including the first American publication of Pride & Prejudice. This experience is available in person or online to allow our entire audience to dive deeper into our collection. Winner announced on March 20!
Raffle Ticket Prices :
- 1 ticket: $15
- 3 tickets: $30
- 5 tickets: $60
- 10 tickets: $120
- 20 tickets: $150
How to enter
- Tickets for The Jane Austen Package are available from February 27 to March 6 at 5:00 p.m. The winner will be announced during the show on March 6.
- Tickets for the reserved spot in Reading Austen’s Emma with Juliette Wells are available from March 6 to March 13 at 5:00 p.m. The winner will be announced during the show on March 13.
- Tickets for the private tour with Edward G. Pettit are available from March 13 to March 20 at 5:00 p.m. The winner will be announced during the show on March 20.
- Participants cannot enter for a prize ahead of ticket availability.
- Each winner will be contacted with instructions on how to claim their prize.