Due to COVID-19 precautions, all in-person events are subject to the City of Philadelphia’s regulations.
The Rosenbach is a warm and welcoming space to host any type of event, whether it be a company reception, an intimate dinner with friends, a daylong conference, or a lively cocktail party. Located at 2008-2010 Delancey Place in the heart of Philadelphia near Rittenhouse Square, our historic townhome boasts an exclusive address, and convenience from all of Center City.
The Rosenbach is home to one of the world’s greatest literary collections, and guests will enjoy access to all special exhibitions. We also offer optional tours of our beautiful historic house, as well as special collections presentations designed to entertain any group’s speciﬁc interests. As a small institution, we can customize event plans that meet your speciﬁc needs and offer competitive pricing. We invite you to host your next event at the Rosenbach, and make it a truly memorable one. All private rental proceeds directly support the Rosenbach and our mission.
- Denworth, 2nd Floor: Accommodates 25 boardroom-style, 40 seated for dinner, 60 theater-style, 75 standing for cocktails
- South Study, 2nd Floor: Accommodates 8 for a seated meeting, 15 standing for cocktails
- North Study, 1st Floor: Accommodates 8 for a seated meeting, 20 standing for cocktails
- Rosenbach Garden, Outdoors: Accommodates up to 75, variety of layout formats available
- First Floor Buy-Out, Indoor Only: Accommodates up to 70 standing for cocktails includes North Study, Lobby, Orientation Gallery. Only available after public hours.
- First Floor Buy-Out with Garden*: Accommodates up to 80 standing for cocktails includes North Study, Lobby, Orientation Gallery, and Garden. Only available after public hours. *Seasonally dependent
- Denworth Room: $250/hour (Non-Profit Organizations: $150/hour)
- South Study: $150/hour (Non-Profit Organizations: $75/hour)
- North Study: $150/hour (Non-Profit Organizations: $75/hour)
- BOTH Denworth and North OR South Study: $300/hour (Non-Profit Organizations: $150/hour)
- Garden: $250/hour (Non-Profit Organizations: $150/hour)
- First Floor Buy-Out With Garden: $650/hour (Non-Profit Organizations: $500/hour)
- First Floor Buy-Out Without Garden: $500/hour (Non-Profit Organizations: $350/hour)
- Non-commercial photography (wedding, engagement, corporate, etc.): $75/hour
*A flat fee of $50 will be added to rentals for Rosenbach staffing time, including 1.5 hours of set-up and clean up.
What is included
- On-Site Staff: All event rentals include Rosenbach’s Manager of Events onsite to assist with set-up, supervision, and break-down of event.
- Food & Drink: Applicants may choose their own rental, catering & alcohol vendors, provided they are approved by The Rosenbach ahead of the event and vendors provide a certificate of insurance. While there is no preferred caterer list, the Rosenbach is happy to provide vendor recommendations.
- Furniture & Linens: The Rosenbach can provide furniture, linens, seating and glassware, and LED votive candles depending on the size and location of the event for an extra fee. We can also provide tenting for our garden with use of our 10 x 20 foot tent with removeable side walls.
- AV & Tech: Denworth rental includes use of our AV system, which includes an RCA amp for 2 wired microphones and 2 speakers, best used for spoken word or general addresses. For dynamic sound support and true depth of equalizing or mixing capabilities, external equipment and operator is needed. All spaces include access to Rosenbach WIFI, if needed.
- Parking: The Rosenbach has a parking pad that can hold up to 3 cars. Parking spaces can be reserved for guests, vendors, or caterers upon request.
- Historic House Tours: The Rosenbach can offer private tours for your event of our historic house for an additional fee (note that this offer is dependent upon staff availability, public admission hours, and event capacity; contact Manager of Events for more information).
General guidelines and historic house rules
- Event Times: Events must end by 9:00 p.m.
- Decoration: Flowers & decorations are welcome, provided they do not cause permanent damage; painter’s tape is the preferred method for hanging decorations.
- Smoking & Open Flames: Smoking is not permitted in the Rosenbach or its garden. Open flames, including candles and sternos, are prohibited in the Rosenbach and its garden. Caterers serving hot food are welcome to set up, cook, and serve from our parking pad.
Request to rent the Rosenbach