Who are we?
The Young Friends of The Rosenbach is a social group of young professionals between the ages of 21 and 45 who share a common appreciation for the art of the written word, history, and the culture of Philadelphia. Through a variety of social and educational events, the Young Friends make literature, art, and history fun and relevant in today’s world. The Young Friends of The Rosenbach are young, engaged, and residents of Greater Philadelphia with disposable income. This audience group cares deeply about investing in the future of their community, and is eager to support its non-profits and businesses.
What do we do?
The Young Friends of The Rosenbach make literature fun, approachable, and accessible to Philadelphia’s next generation of leaders. Our programs range from large cocktail parties to hands-on workshops to historic wine tastings, all to support the conservation and celebration of The Rosenbach’s collection of nearly 400,000 rare books, manuscripts, and fine and decorative arts objects, including some of the best-known literary and historical objects in the world such as James Joyce’s manuscript of Ulysses, and Bram Stoker’s notes for Dracula.
When are your events?
We are always developing new programs, below is a list of upcoming and past events.
- October 27, 2023: Young Friends Halloween Costume Party
- November 17, 2023: Young Friends Event: The Language of Poetry: Past and Present
- February 12, 2023: Galentines Day Bruch at the Rosenbach: A Young Friends Fundraiser
- December 4, 2022: A Very Marianne Moore Holiday Party
- September 25, 2022: Ballrooms and Beer Halls
- April 17, 2023: Rosenbach Young Friends Quizzo at Fergie’s Pub
- June 7, 2023: Liberté, Égalité, Bloomsday: A 1920s Parisian Soirée Toasting James Joyce and Sylvia Beach
Become a Young Friends Member!
Beginning in January 2023, we are excited to announce the Young Friends Membership. By transitioning the Young Friends from a casual social group to an official member community, we are allowing ourselves to host more events that bring you closer to the Rosenbach and closer to each other. You must be a Rosenbach member at any level (starting at $35 for students) to add the Young Friends benefits ($30) to your membership.
Young Friends Members receive:
- Complimentary invitations to two programs exclusively for Young Friends Members
- Discounts on all Young Friends public events
- One free guest ticket per public event
How do you become a Young Friends member? Information below.
If you are not currently a Rosenbach Member, you can join online. Once you’ve selected your membership level, scroll down to the registration form and select the blue button that says “Add Young Friends for $30.00.“
If you already have an active Rosenbach Membership, please contact Ayana Curtis, Development Associate, at [email protected] or call at 215-732-1600 to add the Young Friends benefits immediately. Or, you can wait until it’s time to renew your membership and process online.