Sponsorship allows The Rosenbach to offer public programs to thousands of literature lovers around the world for free or low-cost. Below is a list of programs and courses available for sponsorship in the Spring 2022 season. To learn more, please contact Director of Development Bethany Chisholm at [email protected]. For full descriptions click here.
In Conversation with LIVE Sponsorship
- $1,500 for program
- $2,000 for program plus reception
- $3,000 for program, reception, and dinner for up to 9
Freya Johnston, Jane Austen Early and Late
April 13 | 6:00 pm -7:30 pm
Al Filreis and Anna Strong Safford: The Difference is Spreading
May 18 | 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm
Daniel Mulhall, Ulysses: A Reader’s Odyssey (Celebrating Ulysses 100)
June 13 | 6:00-7:30 pm
In Conversation With VIRTUAL Sponsorship
- $1,000 for program
Why Read Ulysses 100 Years On? (Celebrating Ulysses 100)
Tuesday, April 26 | 6:00 p.m.
Colm Tóibín, Music in Ulysses (Celebrating Ulysses 100)
Tuesday, June 7 | 6:00 p.m.
Reading Course Sponsorship
- $1,500 (pays for two course scholarships)
The Brontës, Revisited, Reappraised, Reimagined (virtual)
4 sessions online: Apr 24, May 22, Jun 12, Jun 26 | 2:00–4:00 p.m. EDT
Reading Ulysses with Ambassador Daniel Mulhall (in-person and virtual) (Celebrating Ulysses 100)
5 sessions at The Rosenbach and online: Apr 25, May 9, May 23, Jun 6, Jun 13 | 6:30–8:30 p.m. EDT
Reading The Sound and the Fury with William Faulkner biographer Carl Rollyson (virtual)
5 sessions online: Apr 27, May 11, May 25, Jun 15, Jun 29 | 6:30–8:30 p.m. EDT
Prisoner’s Voices: Literature from Inside the Penitentiary (previously titled The Great Prison Literature Book Club)
4 sessions at The Rosenbach and Eastern State Penitentiary: Apr 28, May 19, Jun 9, Jun 23 | 6:30–8:00 p.m. EDT
Searching for Feminists in Athens’ Golden Age with Sadhbh Walshe (virtual)
4 sessions online: May 4, May 18, Jun 1, Jun 15 | 6:30–8:30 p.m. EDT
Understanding the Declaration of Independence at 250 with Philip Mead, Chief Historian and Curator of The Museum of the American Revolution (in person)
4 sessions: 5/5 and 5/19 at The Rosenbach, 6/2 and 6/23 at the Museum of the American Revolution
Writing Memoir at the Rosenbach with Andrew Ervin (virtual)
4 weekly sessions online: May 10, 17, 24, 31 | 6:30–8:00 p.m. EDT
Performance at The Rosenbach Sponsorship
- $5,000 for program, reception, and dinner for up to 9
Yolanda Wisher’s Rent Party at The Rosenbach
May 21 | 6:00-7:30 pm
Project sponsored by Susan Muller, Chris and Laura Lindsay, Peter and Ellie Nalle, Elise Drake, and Harriet’s Bookshop
A Reading with Susan Stewart
April 19 | 6:00–7:00 p.m.
Sponsored by the Maurice English Poetry Award
- $1,500 for recognition and four tickets
A Decadent Bibliococktails in the Garden
April 22 | 6:30–8:30 p.m.
Love Surpassing Bibliococktails in the Garden
June 30 | 6:30–8:30 p.m.
Behind the Bookcase Tour Sponsorship
Behind the Bookcase tours are sponsored by Robert K. Urquhart
- Written In My Heart: James Joyce & Irish Authors (Thurs, April-14- 6:00-7:00 pm)
- The Modern Emily Dickinson: the Anti-Belle of Amherst (Thurs, April 28-6:00-7:00 pm )
- Fakes & Forgeries (Sun, May 8- 2:00-3:00 pm)
- Early Hebrew Books I: Writing with Many Pens (Thurs, May 26- 6:00-7:00 pm)
- Written In My Heart: James Joyce & Irish Authors (Sun, June 5- 2:00-3:00 pm)
- The Artistry and Industry of Bookmaking (Thurs, June 9-6:00-7:00 pm )
- Queer Art & Artists (Thurs, June 23- 6:00-7:00 pm)
Lunchtime Talks at The Rosenbach
Lunchtime Talks at The Rosenbach are sponsored by Lenore Steiner and Perry Lerner
Lunchtime Talk with Nancy Moses, “Fakes Forgeries and Frauds”
April 5 | 12:30-1:30
Lunchtime Talk with Alexander L. Ames, “The Word in the Wilderness: Popular Piety, the Manuscript Arts, and Pennsylvania’s Place in American History”
May 3 | 12:30-1:30
Lunchtime Talk with Kelsey Scouten Bates, The John C. Haas Director of The Rosenbach, “Hunger, collective memory, and the meaning of soul food in Gee’s Bend, Alabama”
June 7 | 12:30-1:30
Free Shakespeare Read-Aloud
This program is sponsored by Pamela Schreiber
- Shakespeare’s Sonnets part 1 April 2 | 1:00–4:00 p.m.
- Shakespeare’s Sonnets part 2 May 7 | 1:00–4:00 p.m.
- King Lear (part 1) Saturday, April 23 | 1:00–4:00 p.m.
- King Lear (part 2) Saturday, May 14 | 1:00–4:00 p.m.
A Celebration of Chaucer
April 6, 6:00-7:00 pm
Sponsored by Betsy and David Wice
Open House: Explore The Rosenbach’s library and historic house and galleries
April 24, 12:00-6:00 pm
Sponsored by Eleanor and Peter D. Nalle
Conserving Philadelphia’s Jewish Past
May 24, 6:00-7:30 pm
This program is sponsored in part by the Female Hebrew Benevolent Society