Policy for Copies, Photographs, and Digital Images
Researchers may take their own digital photos at no charge (see Research Policies on “Use of Electronic Equipment”). Photocopies, photographs, and scans are made for a fee by Rosenbach staff only if the condition of the material permits, at the discretion of the collections staff, and in limited quantities. The Rosenbach reserves the right to judge the appropriate method of reproduction of materials in its collections. To request digital photographs, or scans, complete the form at the bottom of the page. Microﬁlm is not available. Provision of photocopies, photographs, and scans does not constitute permission to quote from these materials or to publish or reproduce them in any way. For more information, see “Publication Policy” below.
In most cases the Rosenbach does not own the copyright to the material in its collections. It is your responsibility to identify the copyright status of the material and to apply to any owner(s) of the copyright for permission to quote, publish, or reproduce it. As the owner of the physical property, The Rosenbach does not deny or grant permission to publish or reproduce material from its collections. The Rosenbach may make reasonable requests concerning the use of accurate captions and other identifying information for images of objects in its collection.
For assistance in locating copyright holders, and links to other useful information about copyright, visit the WATCH (Writers Artists and Their Copyright Holders) database.
If you are looking for publicity photos of Rosenbach collections or exhibitions, please contact [email protected].
Request for Images
Complete the form below to request reproduction(s) of images that are part of The Rosenbach’s collections. The Rosenbach reserves the right to judge the appropriate method of reproduction of materials in its collections. Reproductions are provided only if the condition of the material permits. Once the request has been processed, The Rosenbach will send you an invoice for the requested images. Credit card payments may be taken over the phone, Tuesday-Sunday, at 215-732-1600 ext. 0. Please mention invoice number. The Rosenbach will provide the image(s) after payment is received.
- $15 service fee: for all orders includes first-class mail or electronic delivery; other delivery options can incur additional charges
- $1.00 per image: Low-resolution JPG (up to 100 dpi, 24-bit color, not publication quality)
- $5.00 per image: High-resolution JPG (300 dpi, 24-bit color; or 600 dpi, 48-bit color)
- $5.00 per order: Mailed CD with images
- Free: On-site researchers may bring a digital camera and take their own photos at no cost. An appointment is required; for details see http://rosenbach.org/learn/research or call 215-732-1600 ext. 115.
- Market Price: Professional Photography for high-resolution photos of fragile, large, 3-dimensional, or
otherwise difficult-to-reproduce objects