Visitor Services Associate
The Rosenbach, a dynamic Center City museum and rare books library, is seeking a Visitor Services Associate, “VSA.” This is a part-time position that reports to the Rosenbach’s Manger of Advancement. The VSA welcomes visitors to the museum, processes admissions and shop sales, registers visitors for programs and events, and supports the Development Department.
Required Skills and Experience
Qualified candidates must be organized, outgoing and energetic with excellent customer service, communication and computer skills. One year of customer service experience is essential. Experience with QuickBooks is ideal, but other PC-based point-of-service systems acceptable. Experience working or a desire to work in a museum setting is desired. Retail experience and an interest/background in art and literature is a plus.
• Communicate the various experiences available to museum visitors including tours, programs and memberships
• Process admissions and sales
• Track reservations and registrations in Raiser’s Edge for programs, reading groups, and events
• Prepare museum for visitation at beginning of day and close at end of day
• Maintain organization and appearance of lobby area, including concierge desk, coat room, restroom area and brochure rack
• Schedule volunteer guides’ tours and breaks
• Answer phone and route calls to proper staff
• Generate reports of daily admissions
• Reconcile and “close out” registers daily
• Other tasks as assigned by supervisor, including staffing special events and professional errands
This is a part-time position, working between 20 and 25 hours per week. Typically the hours are Tuesdays 11:30-5:30, Wednesdays or Thursday 5:00-8:00 p.m., and Saturdays and Sundays 11:30-6:30. Working weekend hours is required for this position.
To Apply: Please e-mail cover letter and resume with “Visitor Services” in the subject to [email protected].