Manager of Communications – The Rosenbach
The Rosenbach, with a reputation for outstanding collections of literature, history and art, has experienced programmatic and demographic growth in the last four years, thanks in large part to a formal affiliation with the Free Library of Philadelphia. To continue its growth trajectory, the Rosenbach has just completed a strategic plan that seeks to reposition the institution as an intellectual center of Philadelphia that offers growing audiences unique and compelling experiences. To help meet this overarching goal, the Rosenbach now seeks a Manager of Communications who is a smart, articulate team-player to manage its external and internal communications, ranging from social media to the development of marketing materials and plans. The ideal candidate will quickly develop the appropriate marketing initiatives for a wide variety of situations and is flexible enough to stay on top of multiple projects simultaneously, and is also very detail-minded and requires little supervision to produce high-quality, well written materials. This is a full-time, exempt position that reports to the Vice President of External Affairs of the Free Library. This position will spend time in both locations as needed to gather information, build relationships and connect with the marketing expertise at the Free Library.
- Devise and implement new marketing initiatives that align with the Rosenbach’s strategic plan
- Oversee all marketing and communications efforts at the Rosenbach, including print communications, digital communications, social media, and public relations
- Manage relationships with off-site, professional graphic designer, printers, photographer and ad reps as needed in support of all communications efforts
- Using communications tools, build audience for Rosenbach programs, tours, and exhibitions.
- Track the effectiveness of all direct-mail and online marketing campaigns, including social media and e-newsletters/e-announcements
- Create a plan and track the effectiveness of all print, online, and radio advertisements
- Support production of donor-related materials, such as save-the-dates and invitations for events
- Coordinate the design and prepare text for institutional materials, such as brochures, seasonal event calendars, window banners and A-frame signage. Ensure branding consistency throughout all materials
- Review visitor data, including visitor zip codes and comments on “how you heard,” to influence future marketing initiatives
- Be proactive in seeking press coverage both regionally and nationally for the Rosenbach and its director, exhibitions, and programs
- Provide weekly reports on marketing and PR efforts to the Vice President and Senior
staff at the Rosenbach
- Maintain the Rosenbach’s website, social media accounts, and blog
- Working with department heads, develop messaging platforms for programs and exhibitions to help identify niche audiences
- Serve as primary writer for all public external communications, including press releases, website copy, mailers, e-newsletters, and social media
- Support events and assist with their execution as needed
- Seek partnerships that will enhance the visibility of the Rosenbach
- Hire and oversee interns who help with videography, photography, and special projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Proactive communicator internally and externally
- Excellent writer and editor
- Ability to work independently across departments throughout the Rosenbach and Free Library
- Proficiency with MailChimp and similar online communications tools
- Proficiency with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and similar social-media outlets
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to complete projects in a timely manner
- Availability for occasional evening and weekend work
- Bachelor’s degree, and at least two years of relevant work experience
- Familiarity with nonprofit work environment, especially museums and libraries, a plus
- Love of great literature
This position has a full benefit package: health, dental, life, and disability insurances; flex benefits and retirement plan; generous leave time allowance.
Please e-mail cover letter and resume with “Communication – Rosenbach” in the subject to [email protected]
The Rosenbach offers internships when suitable projects and staff supervisors are available. The Rosenbach will work with academic institutions to provide credit and/or stipends through 3rd party funders. Candidates should be interested in pursuing a career in museums, libraries, education, or non-profit fields.
There are no open internships at this time.