Visitor Services Coordinator
The Rosenbach, a dynamic Center City museum and library, is seeking a Visitor Services Coordinator, “VSC”. This is a full-time position that reports to the museum’s Director of Education. The VSC welcomes visitors to the museum, markets visitor experiences and processes admissions and shop sales.
Required Skills and Experience
Qualified candidates must be organized, outgoing and energetic with excellent customer service, communication and computer skills. Two years customer service experience is essential. Experience with QuickBooks is ideal, but other PC-based point of service systems acceptable. Experience working or a desire to work in a museum setting is desired. An interest/background in art and literature is a plus.
- Market the various experiences available to museum visitors including tours, programs and memberships
- Process admissions and sales
- Register visitors for programs using QuickBooks and Raiser’s Edge
- Prepare museum for visitation at beginning of day and close at end of day
- Maintain organization and appearance of lobby area, including concierge desk, coat room, restroom area and brochure rack
- Answer phone and route calls to proper staff
- Generate reports of daily admissions
- Reconcile and “close out” registers daily
- Assist with and support the volunteer guide program in collaboration with the guide coordinator
- Collaborate with the education, curatorial and development departments on museum-wide goals, projects and initiatives
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor, including staffing special events and professional errands
This is a full-time position that requires weekends and 2 evenings a week.
This position has a full Benefit Package: Health, dental, life, and disability insurance; flex benefits and Retirement Plan; generous leave time allowance.
To Apply: Please e-mail cover letter and resume with “Visitor Services – FT” in the subject to: [email protected]
The Rosenbach offers internships when suitable projects and staff supervisors are available. The Rosenbach works with academic institutions to provide credit and/or stipends through 3rd party funders. In general, candidates should be interested in pursuing a career in museums, libraries, education, or non-profit fields. When internships are available, candidates should apply by a sending cover letter, resume & list of 3 academic and/or professional references to the supervisor listed in the announcement.
Library and Evaluation Intern for the Collections Department:
This internship is offered with funding through the Studio Institute Arts Intern program and has eligibility requirements beyond the preferred skills and interests.
The Intern will be helping the collections team meet their strategic initiative goal of reaching new audiences by identifying who is already interacting with our collections through exhibitions, programs, and research (onsite and offsite.) In addition to compiling a bibliography of approximately 100 published sources citing the Rosenbach collection, the intern will be tracking which books, manuscripts, and three-dimensional objects are routinely used in exhibitions and programs; reconstruct off-site researcher data; and develop a collections guide for a specific segment of the collection. The intern will also participate in a collections inventory project with an emphasis on manuscript materials and/or maps; assist with library functions including box shifts and updating way-finding signage, and other short-term projects. The Arts Intern will also work with the evaluation team, and make recommendations for reaching the target audiences identified in the strategic plan. The final project will be a comprehensive report and presentation of how the collections are actively being used and by whom, an installation in our partner desk display, and a completed collections guide.
The intern should have an interest in working in a museum, library, or cultural institution; attention to detail and complex numbering systems; ability to work with detailed data and spreadsheets; ability to interpret data and create demonstrative graphs, pie charts, tables, Venn diagrams, and to interpret data.
This position pays $15/hr, 28 hours a week for 9 weeks. In addition, you will receive a $500 stipend for completing the Arts Intern component of the program. Visit the Studio Institute Arts Intern Program Details page for more information.
1) Students must be enrolled full time as an undergraduate junior or senior in the Fall following the summer program. This means when you apply, you should be a rising junior or senior, or finishing senior year the following Fall.
2) Students must have an Expected Family Contribution, of less than $5000. This number is on your FAFSA form, to see what it looks like — click here.
3) Students must meet the residency requirements. These are different for each of Arts Intern’s five cities. To view the eligibility requirements, please see the instructions on how to apply at the bottom of each position in each respective city.
Before Applying, Verify You:
1) Will be enrolled as a full time undergraduate student as of the Fall 2019 semester. You must be a rising Junior or Senior.
2) Attend college in Philadelphia, or live in Philadelphia.
3) Have an Expected Family Contribution of less than $5000. This number is on your FAFSA form, to see what it looks like click here.
1) To apply to a position, please click here and fill out the eligibility application form.
2) Once your eligibility application is reviewed and approved, Studio Institute will send you an email confirming your eligibility for the program. Note: once you’re verified as eligible for Arts Intern, you can apply to as many positions as you’d like. You do not have to submit the eligibility application more than once.
3) You will forward this confirmation email, along with your CV, cover letter, transcript, and recommendations to the email below these instructions with the subject “Arts Intern 2019 Approved Application”.
Once you’ve received confirmation of eligibility, email your application to (Ms.) Chris Kowalski at [email protected]