Development and Public Program Events Intern
Department: Development – Rosenbach
Reports to: Manager of Events and Manager of Public Programs
About The Rosenbach
The Rosenbach, with a reputation for outstanding collections of literature, history and art, has experienced programmatic and demographic growth in the last four years, thanks in large part to a formal affiliation with the Free Library of Philadelphia. To continue its growth trajectory, The Rosenbach has just completed a strategic plan that seeks to reposition the institution as an intellectual center of Philadelphia that offers growing audiences unique and compelling experiences.
The Development and Public Programs Events Intern (Events Intern) will work closely with both the Manager of Events and Manager of Public Programs as The Rosenbach heads into its busy fall events season. The Events Intern will assist with the set-up, marketing, creative vision, and staffing of all Rosenbach development events, from Delancey Society Salons to member events to the largest event of the year, the Rosenbacchanal fundraiser. The Events Intern will play an integral role in the Rosenbach’s public program, the 25-hour Moby Dick Read-a-Thon from November 9 to 10, and assist with the set-up, staffing, and marketing of the organization’s 20+ fall 2019 programs.
Flexible schedule, but must be able to work 15-20 hours a week, with evening availability as-needed. Length of internship is flexible, but must be available through at least December 2019. This position reports to both the Manager of Events and the Manager of Public Programs.
- Assisting with all physical event physical set-up and breakdown of tables and chairs andclean-up, such as public programs, all Delancey Society events, which include 6-10 Salons (pre-program receptions) and restaurant dinners after programs annually; 3-4 special cultivation/friend-raiser events on- and off-site annually; the Delancey Society Holiday Party in December; and occasional special collections tours
- Assisting with menu planning and creative event vision
- Staffing both development events and public programs in the evenings as-needed
- Required volunteer shifts at the Moby Dick Marathon on November 9-10
- Social media content creation related to development events
- Assist Manager of Events with administrative tasks related to committee meetings
- Assist Manager of Events with vendor communication
- Excellent writing and organizational skills with an attention to detail and follow-through
- Ability to multi-task
- Must work well under pressure
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- InDesign or Photoshop experience preferred, but not required
Please email Bethany Chisholm, Manager of Events, at [email protected] with your resume and a cover letter by October 16, 2019.